Cultural plans that draw out the aspirations, values and needs of the community.
Apparatus offers a range of Cultural Services particularly suited to local councils and community organisations.
- Cultural Planning
- Art Policy
- Collection Management
- Program Involvement
- Community Engagement
APPARATUS can assist with developing cultural plans that build on the existing capacity and draw out the aspirations, values and needs of the community. We can also outline strategies of how to meet these needs within your budget.
Our cultural planning services include:
- arts and culture policy and strategy development
- community consultation management
- infrastructure analysis
- cultural mapping and planning
- strategic planning within a cultural framework responding to community issues
- integration with organisational strategic plans
- action plan creation with a timeline and deliverables.
- identification of the resources necessary to carry out the plan.
Arts Policy Development
Finding the right policy balance between ambition and achieveable objectives can be a challenge. We work closely with our clients to provide that balance in a context of best practice and excellence.
Our arts policy services include:
- development, implementation, analysis and review of arts policy
- identification, consultation and management of stakeholders
- evaluation of existing policy and programs and recommendations
- advice on arts budgeting and resourcing
- development of specific policies such as arts sponsorship policies.
Buying a new investment art piece for your home or business? With years of experience, we can find the right artwork at the right price for you, ensure they are appreciating assets and provide advice on how to look after it. APPARATUS can help you with the following collection management services:
- acquisition and commissioning of art
- development of art collection policies
- ongoing collection management including: inventory, documentation, condition monitoring and reporting mechanisms
- preventive conservation reports
- storage and maintenance advice
- Digital cataloguing and documentation of artworks
- Development of interpretation
- Exhibition loan management
- Conservation and curation services
- Onsite installation coordination
Interpretation is primarily a communication process that helps people make sense of, and understand more about, your site, collection or event.
At APPARATUS we can help to:
- Bring meaning to your cultural or environmental resource, enhancing visitor appreciation and promoting better understanding.
- Enhance the visitor experience, resulting in longer stays and repeat visits.
- Enable communities to better understand their heritage, and to express their own ideas and feelings about their home area.
Do you wonder if your existing arts or cultural program could be delivering better outcomes for your organisation and community? APPARATUS can work with you to assess all aspects of your program and help more closely align it with your organisations vision, outcomes and community needs.
Engaging the local community is an essential part of the success of any arts or cultural initiative. It is possible to involve the community in any stage of the public art creation process.
APPARATUS can facilitate engagement in the following ways:
- create a public art advisory committee made up of key community stakeholders to consult and promote the project
- Hold educational workshops or forums on your project to excite and involve the community
- Invite the community to participate developing a vision for a public art project
- Invite people to participate in the creation or installation of public artwork, if appropriate
- Help communicate the outcomes of the project back to the community and organisation stakeholders.
Arts and cultural projects should reinforce a sense of place and community identity. APPARATUS can help stimulate community participation and investment in this vital area.